Lighting is a problem

Here's a piece of advice. When you are searching for a light fixture, STOP at the one that you love because if you keep looking to "see what else is out there" in case you "love it more" than the one you found, you're going to end up loving a lot of things and coming to an indecisive holt. That is my case right now. I have looked at soooooo many interior light fixtures, like hundreds, that now I cannot decide on the ones that I love the most. Most of them are out of my budget, meaning, we can't afford them. That's cause my husband made up the budget and he didn't price out any nice light fixtures to make it realistic, so now I look like I'm just trying to blow the budget and am the bad guy. :/ Sigh. At least that's how I'm feeling. Anyway, here's the different price point selections I have made according to my taste from "LOVE it and I want it" to "Yeah, I guess that'll do."

Medley of Golden Days Lighting Options
How much do I like it? I LOVE it and I want it!


Medley of Golden Days Lighting Options
How much do I like it? I LOVE it and I want it!


Medley of Golden Days Lighting Options
How much do I like it? "I kinda like it."


Medley of Golden Days Lighting Options
How much do I like it? "Yeah, I guess that'll do."

Which one do you like or think would be best to have?

7 comments

  1. I actually really like the simplicity of option 4. Especially the pendants for the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel for your feedback! I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. #2. Just think about dusting. That is all. (#1 I wouldn't want those shades over my island dropping dust... Same with the texture of #4 unless you know a better way to dust than I do. Can you tell I HATE dusting?! #3 is just too modern and I picture bug guts visible from the bottom.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurrrrrl you have a really good point there! I changed my mind because of that truth! Thank you! Wish I had your practical thinking. ;)

      Delete
  3. I like all of your options-even the less expensive ones. If it were me the only one I would HAVE to have is that statement dining room piece in #1. Seriously amazing. I think you should splurge on that one and go budget on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara! I really appreciate your feedback and I am going to take your advise except I decided to go with a different statement chandelier which I already posted. Check it out and let me know what you think! :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. #s 2 and 4 are my favorites. LOVE #2. ;)
    Take Danny shopping with you, the budget is usually unrealistic until they see what's out there and the reality. Also, Miley found some beautiful fixtures online for a real small fraction of the price...you probably tried that.
    Can't wait to see what you get, either way it's going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete