We are getting closer - Vote on flooring for me please!

Our new house closes Escrow in just a few more days! I'm sooooo excited about that!

Let me just remind you of what it looks like and I think that you will agree with me that this house is no show stopper - jaw dropping house. I know. But in my mind I see soooo much potential and we (the husband and I) have huge plans for it. It's all going to be a long process, and just to put in perspective, we see 2014 as being the year of WORK, WORK, WORK! But I am so excited to get started. :)




We are starting to do preparations for it and ordering materials and this is where I need a little input...

I have always wanted to have hardwood floors in my house because it reminds me of growing up in my dear (oh-so-close-to-my-heart) NYC. However, having 5 small children kinda made us realize that we needed to rethink that. We have decided to go with the wood-like porcelain tile planks that are available now-a-days. While I'm not exactly thrilled to have a lot of tile in the house (it's what we have right now) because of the noise (remember, I have 5 small children) it IS more durable AND I can also help the noise situation with rugs and what not.

So what happens now? Will you take a look at these two planks and tell me which one you like best? Option 1 or Option 2? The colors Mint and Mustard Yellow are my current decorating colors in my current house. I will be decorating with the mint in the new house because it is my favorite color but I think I might be done with yellow, so please keep that in mind. ;)

Both options are from Floor & Decor. The top one is Heathland Walnut Porcelain Wood Plank and the bottom one is Oslo Walnut Porcelain Wood Plank. They are both great quality options and the pricing is just right for us.

So VOTE away to your heart's content in the comments please, and thank you! Can't wait to see your responses! :)

11 comments

  1. 2 for me :) We're in the new flooring debate right now ourselves and the wood look tile is what I'm leaning toward. I'm excited to see what you decide and how it looks installed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see it all installed too! {Big sigh}

      Delete
  2. Those are both gorgeous, so tough! Which would look best with your furniture/cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a white kitchen (not currently like that). I'm going to paint it white. I like the color of option 1, and the texture of #2.

      Delete
  3. If you are decorating with mint, 1 might be better, it is a more cool color. But both are neutral enough that either would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I was thinking as well looking at the two next to each other. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I like the smoothness of #1. So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every time I go to youtube I think of you LOL. ;)

      Delete
  5. My vote is #1, in my humble opinion. It seems to be more of a cool tone, and #2 is more warm (from what I can see), and the way you decorate seems to be more cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like 1 because it looks rustic and that's what I tend to lean toward. Fun that you are at the stage of choosing! Can't wait to see what you decide on. ;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete