A { dream } of what it might be...

We have been working away on demo (still) for the new house so we can get started on doing the pretty things we want to do, like put in a whole new kitchen.

I have been really busy thinking, and planning, and dreaming of pretty things for the house. That's fun. But then throw in all else that I am doing, and you will know that my life is totally crazy.

Anyway, tonight I had the chance to play with photoshop a bit and play with how I want the exterior of the new house to look potentially. Right now I'm not a big fan of the exterior, but in my eyes, I can totally see it's potential. This house can be really pretty.

Here's what I have done and you be the judge but please DO tell me which one is your favorite! Though this project won't be tackled for a LONG time, we still want to know which way we're headed. Thanks!

Here's the original picture of it from the realtor's listing:



And here are the options I have thought of so far.

Option 1 (keeping the original brick and build additions. No gabled entry.):

Option 2 (painting the original brick and build additions. No gabled entry.):

Option 3 (Keep original brick and build additions. Add gabled entry.):

Option 4: (painting the original brick and build additions. Add gabled entry.):

Am I right or am I right that these make the exterior look 100% better? I can't decide between options 3 and 4 which I think are my favorite. And the hubby doesn't want any sort of gable on the garage but I think the little gable on the garage makes a statement while at the same time not putting the focus on itself, just compliments the other half of the exterior.

Which one do you like best?

1 comment

  1. I just sent a big 'ol reply that got erased. *sigh*...let me try again!
    I think that if you have a gable over the door you definitely need the gable over the garage. There is something about them that almost feels like too much though. Maybe that is what Danny is feeling. Though I don't like stone painted, after what the previous owners of our house did to the granite rock on our fireplace, I really like #4. Very Bungalow style looking. Love that look!

    ReplyDelete