Long overdue... Progress report

Well, it's been too long. How did I let it get this long since my last post? Some of my friends have been asking me to do a new blog post and update them on the progress of our home. Well, we moved into our new home almost 3 months ago. No, we are not done with the remodel, it's crazy chaos in our home right now. But nevertheless, we have progressed. If you remember, my last post was of a complete empty canvas and sooooo much work needed to be done. Below are some pictures (beware, they're all from my Instagram, not my super nice Nikon) from our progress:

Danny, my beloved and adored love of my life, spray painting the newly scraped and textured ceilings which once used to be that yucky and dangerous asbestos popcorn texture:


The kids help me paint the baby's room. That green was throughout the house along with almond. Even the exterior color of the house is avocado green. The original appliances were also avocado green. And can I even tell you? The landscaping rocks outside have green in them! It's like we opened up the crayon box and all the crayons were a myriad of avocado green and almond!


The finished baby's room! Adorable! Love that color. But you know what color I like even better? Scroll down...


This aqua right here in my older daughter's room! Ahhhh.... good to my soul...
(Here's my brother-in-law "J" who has helped us a TON during this amazing and yet exhausting journey).


And there he is again! This time priming kitchen cabinet doors (yep, we forgot to take the tags off, but we did mend our ways).


Here's a peak at the new chandelier for the dining room. The finish is Polished Nickel. This is a photo from when it freshly arrived.


About two or three days before we moved in we finally were able to get a sub-contractor to do our flooring (which actually was not finished by the time we moved in but a good chunk of it was finished). In case you want to know where I got it from, it is called Exotica Walnut from Floor & Decor (www.flooranddecor.com).


Since we worked a lot on the remodel at night after Danny was done with work, some of these pictures were taken at night. Here's a photo of our office ceiling fan. Most of the rooms in the house have ceiling fans because we live in the desert.


Ceiling fan in the girls' rooms which will be converted to have what will look like a chandelier. That sure will be a Pinterest pin!


Our kitchen and dining room with our wood-look tile. The cabinets need soooo much work. But at least the flooring is gorgeous!


I posted this picture on my Facebook to get general opinions of what people liked. I used photos from my Pinterest board. I found out that most people liked the gray island in the kitchen rather than the all white kitchen. The gray island is what I wanted to do in the first place anyway but it was good to get some opinions.


One of TWO lanterns which will hang over the kitchen island. I LOVE these. The finish is Polished Nickel just like the dining room chandelier.


Our living room ceiling fan which was ka-ching $$$. Finish is polished nickel as well. I LOVE the silver gray blades and that it is close to the ceiling because our ceilings are just 8 ft.


Two choices of kitchen countertops I was debating. Both Cambria quartz. Most people chose B but I ended up choosing A because of the bling in it. It just looked so pretty and now that I have them I am very happy I chose A. :) These were the biggest KA-CHING $$$$ 


Shortly after we moved in and after coming home from church, the kids went to the backyard to play and I snapped a couple of pictures. THIS is the biggest reason why we chose this house, we just LOVE the backyard and how much space the kids have to play out there. It's not huge, it's not acres, BUT it is the most we've ever had and the most green too here in the desert. Makes our hearts super happy. 


Isn't she darling?!!


A look at the kitchen without the countertops, upper cabinets, backsplash, cabinet doors, hardware, sink, faucet, and bar stools. Heck the outlets above the counters weren't even covered (but they were not hot).


A look at our new Cambria Whitney quartz countertops when they arrived! It was soooo exciting because after a whole MONTH AND A HALF I finally could have countertops, but most importantly a SINK AND FAUCET!!! Hoorayyyyy!!!


The installation guys. Second lantern not up yet. ;)


The look when they were done! Beautiful!!


As far as what we've done since?

-The kids started school in a new-to-them school and they are liking it so far. That's a big relief to me.
-Unpacked some boxes but are still not completely moved in yet. Ugh.
-We've placed most of the furniture where it's supposed to be.
-Main living areas are almost all painted.
-Have done a little (very little) decorating around the house. It'll get there.
-We sanded about half of the stair steps getting it prepped for a major update.
-Dining room chandelier is installed.
-We ordered a new spray paint machine because the one we were using wasn't working that well for us.
-We have installed white wooden blinds throughout the house.
-We fixed our AC and our evaporative cooler (we have both), there were minor issues with both of them.
-We emptied our garage (pretty much) and now I can park my van in there. Yayyy! We can also paint cabinets in there as well.
-We broke the toilet in the master bathroom but we do have two other bathrooms with working toilets so that's good.
-We ran out of money so we are saving at this point so that we can continue to work on the house.
-We sold our old kitchen cabinets for $120 hahaha, which is better than nothing, right?

I'm sure we've done more things than this but at this point I cannot remember everything. But I will come back and give you more updates as I go along. It just got crazy there for a while. Well, it's still super crazy around here but I will post more pics soon! Thanks for reading and following our blog!


1 comment

  1. Moving right along and such progress since you last shared! Thank you for sharing with us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete