Our New Kitchen Plan

Time is going by so fast! We are far from getting this house done, it seems. It is time for us to order our cabinets for our kitchen. We contemplated going with Aristokraft or Ikea because we have a really tight budget but in the end decided to go with Barker Cabinets. Though it is going to take a while for us to receive our cabinets, we are very excited about them because the quality of the cabinets will be great. Barker Cabinets offers RTA (Ready To Assemble) cabinets, and by assembling them ourselves we will save a chunk of money, especially for real wood cabinets. Eek! So excited to get my order in!

I just need to finalize my kitchen plan. Will you help me decide? 

My dilemma is choosing between a wood hood or a stainless steel hood. We even considered having a microwave over the range but I wasn't excited about that option for several reasons. So we just took it off our list because it wasn't going to work for us.

First, I want to show you the inspiration kitchens for our design. Our kitchen will by no means be ANYTHING like these kitchens but they definitely are influencing the design. 

Wood Canopy Range Hood Inspiration:

Wood Hood in Kitchen Inspiration from Medley of Golden Days Blog
Source
Stainless Steel Under-Cabinet Hood Inspiration: 


So taking into consideration that these are just inspiration and that my kitchen will NOT look like either of these kitchens (only will be influenced by them - cause I can't afford such kitchens), I hereby present to you our kitchen plan! Scroll down to see the look with a wood canopy range hood and the look with a stainless steel under-cabinet hood and let us know your favorite! :)

The Kitchen Floor Plan:

Kitchen Floor Plan from Medley of Golden Days Blog

A Look at the Cabinet Layout with a Wood Canopy Range Hood:

Kitchen Floor Plan from Medley of Golden Days Blog

A Look at the Cabinet Layout with a Stainless Steel Under-Cabinet Range Hood:

Kitchen Floor Plan from Medley of Golden Days Blog

A Look at the window/sink wall of the Cabinet Layout (I don't know why this is showing the white so dark but oh well!):

Kitchen Floor Plan from Medley of Golden Days Blog

And finally here's a look at the kitchen island plan. Looking at the front side you will see (from left to right) an under-counter microwave, a trash bins cabinet, and a drawers cabinet:

Kitchen Floor Plan from Medley of Golden Days Blog

So there you have it! Which look do you like best? Stainless Steel hood under the cabinet or a Wood Canopy Range Hood? Help a sister out and let me know in your comments. Thanks! 

5 comments

  1. stainless. It looks too formal with the wood style hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great, but I love the wood range. BEAUTIFUL! ;) Great design job too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stainless would be my pick and I'm a wood gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of the wood better, but stainless would look good and might be easier to keep clean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wood hood but not sure how it would be for keeping it clean from grease with all the cooking.

    ReplyDelete